Steps to Access your AWS ec2 Instance running a GGC AMI -- from the MacOS
- Retrieve IP address for your instance from AWS console
- You need to find the screen sharing app. There are multiples ways, this is one: open a terminal, then enter "open System/Library/CoreServices" at the prompt
- Open Screen Sharing from the resulting Finder window
- Connect to the shared computer, enter IP address and designation for port 5901
- Authenticate with vnc's passwd (default password on class' D2L page)
- Success! You may want to enter fullscreen mode at this point.