Academic Enhancement Center
Access to Trained Tutors
- Our trained professional and peer tutors provide 45-minute one-on-one tutoring sessions. Group tutoring sessions are also available to students who have similar questions on course content.
- Writing tutors will work with you at any stage of the writing process. They can provide feedback on a draft, answer your questions, and show you strategies for brainstorming, organizing, drafting, and revising. Make sure to bring your assignment sheet and rubric to your tutoring session.
- Mathematics/Science/ITEC/Business tutors will help you gain a better understanding of course concepts. Come to the tutoring session with your notes, textbook, and/or handouts. Be prepared to answer and ask questions.
Resources for Success
- Computers loaded with assessment tools
- Study Lab allowing students to continue their learning in the AEC
- Helpful handouts, course-related software, and citation manuals
- Reference books and textbooks
- Citation manuals used in academic research, such as APA, Chicago, and MLA styles
- Tutors Around Campus: Tutors placed in high-traffic areas around campus, such as B-atrium and the library, to meet students where they are
- Tutors Online Everywhere: Online tutoring supported through Smarthinking. Log in to MyCourses (Brightspace by D2L), and click "eTutoring" located top right of the page to access online tutoring in a variety of subjects
What to Expect When You Receive Tutoring
- A maximum of two tutoring sessions per day with a 3-hour gap in between
- 45-minute one-on-one tutoring or group tutoring session, as needed
- Please come prepared with necessary materials including but not limited to your assignment, notes, textbook, rubric, and questions
- Tutors cannot assist students with any take-home exams and take-home essay exams
- Students requesting tutoring for ITEC-1001 must have attempted the assignment at least once before receiving tutoring
How to Receive Tutoring in the AEC
To schedule an appointment with one of our tutors, you can do one of the following:
- Visit the AEC in Building C, Room G360
- Call 678.407.5191
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments need to be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Drop-ins are welcomed. We accept our last tutoring session an hour before closing. Online tutoring, Smarthinking, is also available. Log in to MyCourses (Brightspace by D2L), and click "eTutoring" located top right of the page.
- Tutoring is available for currently enrolled GGC students only.
- To facilitate the learning process, a 3-hour gap between 45-minute tutoring sessions is required.
- Students are allowed to have back-to-back tutoring sessions for two different subjects (example: Math tutoring then English tutoring).
- Drop-in students work with tutors on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fall & Spring Hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 9am - 9pm
- Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday: 10am - 2pm
- Sunday: 1pm - 5pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 9pm
- Friday: 9am - 2pm
- Sunday: 1pm - 5pm