Why a Wiki?
What is important is that everyone contributes to the wiki. There are many ways to contribute. Below are a few suggestions:
- Post content
- Organize/restructure content
- Suggest content that is needed
Wikis are an example of viral content. To quote from wikipatterns.com
- One of the most useful attributes of introducing a wiki into an organization is its viral nature. Once a few people begin to use the wiki, they often realize that they could be even more efficient if only their colleagues were using the wiki too. Soon, wiki accounts are spreading exponentially.
What this means is that the more you use and contribute to the wiki, the better a resource it will be.
Wiki In-class Activity
- Click on the link to your own page below. Cllick [Edit] to begin editing your wiki page.
- Change the skin to Cologne Blue. Look in the How-to guides and read how to change the skin of a wiki page.
- make a top heading called "ALL ABOUT ME". Use the document that you wrote at the beginning of the semester, and copy/paste each of the paragraphs.
- make a sub-heading for each of the following:
<All about me -- My Name>
<If I were a famous character...>
- See Dr. Pollacia's wiki page Section 5 for an example.
- you must upload at least one picture.
All About Me
I have added your names below. Simply click on your link and it's all yours!