Hina Ali: Homoptera 1
- Scientific Name: Cicadellidae
- Order: Homoptera
- Family: Cicadellidae
- Class: Insecta
Collectors: Farzana Zerin, Mohammed Rafid, & Desiree Asah
Location of Collection:
- Little Mulberry Park
- 34.04060, -83.876840
Date of Collection: August, 2018
H' Value: 3.157529533
- Thickened part of the antennae is very flat and ends with out bristle.
- Two simple eyes are present on the top or front of the head.
- Front wings not particularly thickened.
Ecological and Economic Importance:
- Can transmit plant pathogens, such as viruses, phytoplasms, and bacteria.
- Numerous parasitoids attack the eggs and the adults provide food for small insectivores.