Welcome to ITEC2110 Digital Media!
Fall 2017. Section 1
- Meeting Time: 8:00 am - 9:15 pm MWF Building A 1450
- Prerequisites: ITEC1001: Introduction to Computing
- Instructor: Dr. Mark Iken; email: markiken at ggc dot edu; Office RL3321A
- Required Textbook:
- Digital Media Primer: Custom Edition for Georgia Gwinnett College, by Yue-Ling Wong, ISBN: 978-1323164440 OR Digital Multimedia Primer, 2nd Edition; by Yue-Ling Wong, ISBN-13: 9780132893503
- This is Digital Media, by Jim Rowan (eText, which can be bought from www.xanedu.com).
- Class Projects
- Class List
- Class Calendar
- Class Slides
- Class Videos
- Test 1 Prep
- Test 2 Prep
- Test 3 Prep
- D2L - check your grades, submit assignments and take quizzes and tests
- Audacity Tutorial
- US Copyright
Why a Wiki?
What is important is that everyone contributes to the wiki. There are many ways to contribute. Below are a few suggestions:
- Post content
- Organize/restructure content
- Suggest content that is needed
Wikis are an example of viral content. To quote from wikipatterns.com
- One of the most useful attributes of introducing a wiki into an organization is its viral nature. Once a few people begin to use the wiki, they often realize that they could be even more efficient if only their colleagues were using the wiki too. Soon, wiki accounts are spreading exponentially.
What this means is that the more you use and contribute to the wiki, the better a resource it will be.