The purpose of this activity is to create/edit your wiki.
- Describe the various applications of Web technologies.
- Create a new wiki page, edit an existing wiki page, link images, link to files, link to internal and external web pages.
- Log in to GGC’s wiki with your user id (wiki.ggc.edu).
- Go to your section’s home page. Read the wiki instructions from “Course Resources”. The most important sections for this session are:
- Starting a new page
- Basic formatting
- Click on the “Edit ” link at the top of the page so you can add an internal link to your name under the “class list” by using the code: [[User: yourGGCid|Jennifer Cruz ]].
- Save the page.
- Click on the link to your home page.
- Divide your user page into 7 major sections (Major sections headings begin and end with ==). For example, you could choose:
- My Interests
- Favorite links
- Favorite Photos
- Favorite Audioss
- Favorite Videos
- ITEC2110 Digital Media Projects
- The Background section should be a paragraph that provides some information about you. Please remember that this is a public website and anyone can access this information. NOTE: Do not indent or add space or tab at the beginning of the paragraph.
- The Interests section should consist of a bulleted list of your interests/hobbies.
- The Favorite Links section should consist of a numbered list of links to your favorite external websites.
- Upload and add an image to your Favorite Photo section.
- Upload and add an audio file to your Favorite Audios section.
- Upload and add an video file to your Favorite Videos section.
- Preview your work. Make adjustments if necessary.
- Wiki reference Card