Audio Project(Due day: 4/9/2017)
This project has three parts.
- Part one: audio recording and editing, export your final recording as wav and mp3 file
- Part two: understand sampling and quantization
- Part three: upload the required files to wiki, complete the template with file size, downloading time, etc.
Part One Instructions
- This project requires a music background and voice over.
- The background music is provided, download here.
- Record your voice-over , about 20 - 30 seconds. Must include your name in the recording (-5 points if you don't have).
- Most computers have build-in microphone, so you usually don't need a headset. If you don't, use your phone to record the voice then send it to yourself through email.
- The content of your voice-over must be family-appropriate.
- Using Audacity, make the music fade in at the beginning(the first 10- 20 seconds) and fade out over the last 10-20 seconds.
- Adjust the overall volume to make sure the voice over could be clearly heard.
- when you are done, it should be something like this: music fade in, then your voice over with music background, then music fade out. Total length: about 40 seconds.
- Save the Project (it should have .aup as file extension) (You could save the project once you get started. Do NOT need to wait until you finish the above steps)
Part two: Sampling Rate and Quantization level
(Many students seem to have a messy number of files on their flash drive. So, make a copy of your audacity project file from Part one before you start part two(this way, you always have a clean copy, and name your folders and files appropriately so you don't get confused.)
- Export the audio file using as WAV format first.
- Sampling rate 44100Hz; Sample format 16-bit, name it GGCID_P3_a.wav.
- Sampling rate 8000Hz, Sample format 16-bit, name it GGCID_P3_b.wav.
- Use Audacity to open files you exported in the previous step, export as MP3 format name it GGCID_P3_c.mp3 and GGCID_P3_d.mp3.
- Play the music, the sound should be distorted with 8000Hz sampling rate. If you can still hear your voice clearly, you need to check your sampling rate.
Part Three - Submission
Upload your results in the table, make link to your audio files and calculate the downloading time(Find fie size in file properties).
- Assani, Muhammad A.
- Cobian, Gabriella
- Green, Ryne
- Grigsby, DaJanae S.
- Hoelscher, Kenneth W.
- Jackson, Shantarius B.
- James, Shania
- Johnson, Ronald
- Junius, Nananadine J.
- Lander, Tiffany G.
- Mitchell, Shekinah J.
- Montgomery, Jewel E.
- Nwachukwu, Michael N.
- Olufemi, Fiyinfoluwa V.
- Pena, Angela A.
- Popazoglo, Victoria
- Preziosi, Chloe M.
- Jayda, Reid
- Alexander Salazar
- Ucrainciuc, Ana
- Williams, Ke'bria D.
- Zubair, Shahrukh
- Weidong Mao