The purpose of this project is to perform a variety of super special awesomely awesome modifications to a bitmap image. Once you have familiarize yourself with the tutorials below, you should be able to crop, blur, change colors, add borders, and add your signature to an image making it your own unique creation.
Download the pictures of Tom Cruise and GGC from the following table, and find a picture of yourself, to make a faked "Tom Cruise & Me" picture in front of the GGC Building. Requirements:
- Change the size of all pictures such that all of them are in a reasonable size
- Cut Tom Cruise and yourself from their original pictures
- Paste them in the GGC Buidling picture
- Blur the background
- Bordered Image
- Final Product with Signature Image(Your name and Date)
- You can use a picture of other celebrity, but must have use the GGC picture as background and a picture of yourself.
- Create your project 2 wiki page and link it to your name.
- Copy the code from the previous section to your Project 2 page
- Upload all images.
- Aguilar, Octavio
- Alford, Myles
- McClain, Arfa
Tutorials of Gimp Software
The program you will be using for your project is Gimp. Gimp is a [free download-able] program for both Mac and PC. There are additional/separate patches and add-ons available for Gimp.However, for this project all requirements may be completed with the original install of v.2.8 Gimp. Review the tutorial links below to learn how to perform the required image modifications.
- Setting Up Gimp & Importing Image
- Image Prepping
- How To Blur
- How To Black & White
- How To Add Border & Signature
- How To Save
- Creating Your Own
- NOTE: For best quality, click on HQ button in YouTube window.