Digital 3D Project
1. Run Blender
2. Make two colored cylinders. Each cylinder must be a distinctly different color.
3. Push one cylinder through the other at 90 degrees.
4. Make the intersection of the two objects.
5. Drag the new intersection out so that it is sitting next to the crossed cylinders.
6. Make sure all three objects (both cylinders and the intersection) are in the same camera view.
7. Render and save the image as GGCID_SU18P4_a.PNG.
8. Take these new objects and move them out of the camera view so that you can build the next objects.
9. Make a colored sphere and a cube. Each shape must be a distinctly different color.
10. Place them together so that the cube is poking out of the sphere.
11. Make the difference of the sphere and the cube such that you end up with a sphere with a square hole.
12. Drag the new difference out so that it is sitting next to the sphere with the embedded cube.
13. Make sure both objects are in the camera view. If necessary, rotate the objects so that you can see the hole in one sphere and the cube in the other.
14. Render and save the image as GGCID_SU18P4_b.PNG.
15. Now place all five objects from this part (both cylinders, both spheres and the cylinder intersection) into the camera view together.
16. Create a colored plane behind these objects. (optional)
17. Arrange the light source so that the objects cast a shadow on the plane. (optional)
18. Add your name in the project.
19. Render and save the image as GGCID_SU18P4_c.PNG
20. Upload the resulting .png file to your project 4 wiki page
Additional Tips and Resources
- Video Tutorials
Part 1 video Click here to view the video
Part 2 video Click here to view the video