I appreciate greenshirt
01001001 00100000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100011 01101001 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110010 01110100
School Path: History Major
Attending GGC, transfering to UGA
- Phil Collins
- Contrast Ratio - a measure of the difference in light intensity between the brightest white and the darkes black colors that a monitor can produce. If the contrast is too low, colors tend to fade when the brightness is adjusted to a high or low setting
- CPU - central processing unit: the key component of a computer system, which contains the circuitry necessary to interpret and execute program instructions.
- CRT - a computer terminal or monitor that includes a cathode ray tube.
- Data - individual facts, statistics, or items of information
- Drive bay - A special shelf inside computers made to hold storage devices
- DVD - Digital video disk
- DVI - Digital Visual Interface: a standard for converting an analogue display into digital format
- Ergonomics - how a person sets up there computer to prevent injury or discomfort.
- Ethernet caple - slightly bigger than a phone jack, it connects for dsl or cable modem.
- Firewire port - Some of the fastest ports out there.
- Flash drive - USB drive a pocket-sized portable computer hard drive and data storage device
- Gigabyte - About a billion bytes
- Gigahertz - a billion hertz
- Hard Drive - A disk drive that contains a hard disc
- Hardware - any part of a computer you can physically touch.
- Hibernate - Saved current system and current state to the hardrive.
- Impact Printer - A printer with tiny keys that hammer in letters.
- Information - Data that has been organized and presented in a meaningful fashion.
- Inkjet Printer- a computer that sprays ink instead of hammering it in.
- Input device - A device that is used to enter or input data into a computer.
- Keyboard - A hardware device used to enter data and commands into a computer.
- Kilobyte - 1 thousand bytes
- Laser Printer - on impact quick and quiet
- LCD - Liquid crystal display
- Megabyte- 1 million bytes
- Megahertz - 1 million hertz
- Microphone - A device that is used to capture soundwaves
- Modem port- Traditional telephone signal port to connect to the internet
- Monitor - A output display device
- Mouse- A hardware device used to enter in commands and user responses
- Network interface card - an expansion card that allows a computer to connect to another computer to accomplish high speed internet.
- Non impact printer - A printer that sprays ink or uses lasers instead of hammers.
- Nonvolitile storage - Permenant storage ROM