Location of collection:
- (33°58′56.16′′ N, 84°00′21.33′′ W)
Date of collection:
- Malaise trap
- long-legged fly
Distinguishing morphological features of Family:
- Most long-legged flies have long, slender, legs with bristles.
- Can be from 1-9mm in size.
- Most will have long legs, but is not necessarily true for all long-legged flies.
- Most have green to blue cast, but can be yellow, brown, or black in color as well.
Ecological and Economic/ Public Health Importance
- Pest control for gardens, crops, and even forests.
- Can be used to note ecological change due to abundance.
- Indirectly a pollinator as it may feed of nectar from flowers.