More Than Just Programming
ACM Distinguished Speaker Donald Gotterbarn will be visiting GGC campus on 18th October, 2012. He will present at Tech Talk from 5-6:15 pm in C-1260. The presentation is titled "More Than Just Programming". The presentation is open to everyone who is interested and highly recommended for IT majors.
About The Presentation
We are often surprised by the number of non-programming related issues that affect the professional’s efforts to develop quality software and web interfaces. Development efforts are constrained in a number of positive and negative ways. This talk addresses some of those current issues including software standards, licensing of software developers, issues of malpractice and liability for unanticipated software errors, and professional and ethical issues.
About The Speaker: Don Gotterbarn
ACM Distinguished Speaker Don Gotterbarn worked as a computer consultant on software systems for the U.S. Navy and for the Saudi Arabian Navy. He has also worked on the certification of software for vote counting machines and missile defense systems.
- Don is the director of the Software Engineering Ethics Research Institute at East Tennessee State University.
- He also holds academic appointments in software engineering and ethics at universities in England and New Zealand.
- He has published over 100 articles, contributed to more than a dozen books and written several encyclopedia articles.
- He chaired the committee that wrote the Software Engineering Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.
- His technical work includes funded research on performance prediction, object-oriented testing, and software engineering education and computer ethics.
- Active in Professional Computer ethics for over 20 years, he was awarded both the Computers and Society” Making a Difference” award for his work in promoting professionalism in the teaching and practice of software development.
- He chairs the ACM Committee on Professional Ethics.
Georgia Gwinnett College
1000 University Center Lane
Please attend the event on 18th October from 5-6:15 pm in C-1260 and also encourage your friends, students and mentees to attend.
Tech Talk Team.