My Kim Tang: Diptera
Collected Date: August 27, 2018
Location of collection: EHC Downstream
Date of collection: August 27, 2018
Shannon-Wiener Index of Biodiversity: 2.9817719
Distinguishing morphological features of Order:
▪ Body: A slender body with long legs and relatively long antennae with many segments of similar shape and size.
▪ Mouthparts: varies; sucking mouthparts, sometimes adapted for piercing
▪ Wings: One set of wings (front); hind wings reduced (halteres)
▪ Eyes: Very Large.
▪ Antennae: third antennal segment rounded or elongated
▪ Tarsi: nearly always 5-segmented
Economical importance : In the larvae stage they are scavengers feeding on algaes but they are also decomposers feeding on decaying organic matters.
Economical importance: The adults feed on nectar of flowers. they are pollinators