Preparing for Unit 4 quiz held on Wednesday, February 25:
From Sound Byte: Protecting your computer
- What is defensive computing?
- What does the Windows Vista System Restore feature do?
- Names of popular antivirus software
- Protecting yourself from yourself: importance of backing up, use of the recycle bin
From Active Help Desk: Avoiding Computer Viruses
- What is a computer virus?
- What are symptoms that you may have a virus?
- How do you get different types of viruses? What are they? boot-sector, macro, email,logic bombs, scripts, Trojan horses, worms
- See Active Help Desk Cheat Sheet
From Textbook and PowerPoint slides
- Computer Threats
- What is cybercrime?
- What's the difference between white-hat and black-hat hacker?
- Name several ways to protect yourself from identity theft
- What is a backdoor program?
- What is a denial of service attack?
- What is social engineering and how can you protect yourself from it?
- Protecting yourself
- What is encryption?
- What makes a "good" password?
- Backup options: manual, backup software, online storage of files