Philippe Joseph: Arachnid
Location of collection:
- (33°59′03.87″ N, 84°00′20.37″ W)
Date of collection:
- 09/05/2017 through 09/07/2017
- Malaise trap
Distinguishing morphological features of Family:
- Two segmented body parts, a cephalothorax and an abdomen
- Eight eyes, some species have less
- Four pairs of legs, fangs, and an adaptation called a spinneret, found at the end of abdomen used for spinning silk.
Ecological and Economic/ Public Health Importance
- Control other insect populations, main type of food source for a variety of animals. Some spiders consume other species of spiders, thus, controlling the arachnid population.