By: Lee Waldrip
- The idea of phishing was created in 1987 and was first recorded by name in 1996.
- The term is likely reflected by the term "phreaking".
- AOL is one of the first businesses that phishing caused problems.
- Victims are pulling in by "bait" that lures them into falling for tricks that will make them give up their passwords or information.
- Financial institutions have been made to help those who fall victim to phishing sites.
- Many Facebook users experience e-mails that are fake and try to retrieve personal information.