Rhea Bowen- Smith: Diptera
Location of collection:
- (33°58′58.43″ N, 84°00′21.33″ W)
Date of collection:
- 09/05/2017 through 09/07/2017
- Malaise trap
- Long-Legged Flies
Distinguishing morphological features of Family:
- Metallic green-to-blue luster in most species. Can also be dull yellow, brown, or black in color.
- Generally small (1mm to 9mm) with a elongate-conical or flat abdomen.
- Large red eyes
- Many species have long legs
Ecological and Economic/ Public Health Importance
- Immature stages and adult stage are insect predators