Specimen 251 - Possala Wang 1
Location of collection: Site 1, Grassy area facing Collins Hill Road.
Date of collection: August 2012
ANAANGNNNNNTTNAAATTTCGATCAGNN NAAAGTATAGTAATAGCTCCNGCTNNAACTGGTAAAGANA AAAGTNNNANNNATGCAGTAATTCCTACAGATCANACNAA NAAAGGTATTTGANCNNNANATAAATTATTTNTNCNTNNA NNANTANTANTGGTAATAAAATTAATTGCCCCTAAAATAG AAGAAANTCCAGCNAAATGTAAAGAAAAAATNGCTAAATC TACTGAGCTNCCTCCGNGAGCAATATTAGATGAAAGTGGG GGGTATACTGTTCNNCCNGTTCCTACTCCNNNNNNTNCAA TTNTNNNNNANNNTAGTAAAGTAAGAGAANGAGGNAATAA TCAAAATCTTATATTATTTATTCGTGGGANNGCTATATCA NGAGCTNNNNNNNTTAAAGGNNNTNNTCNNNTNCNNANTC CTCCNATNATAATAGGNNTNANNNTNNAAAAAATTNTAAT AAAANNNNNANNNNGTTACAATANNATNNNNNANTTGATC NTCTCCAATTAAAGNNNCNNGNNTTNNTNNTTNNNNNNTN ANTNNNNNNNTNNTAGNAGNNNCNNNTNTNNCTGCTNNNN TCNAAAAATNAANTATNAA
Genus and species Desmia
- Modified, flattened scales cover body and wings. 'Hair like'
- Grass moth family of Lepidoptera
- Praecinctorium structure in the ears which joins two tympanic membranes.
- Adults mate and lay eggs. Hatches into caterpillar larvae. They develop into pupa and then metamorphosis into adult.
- Silk they produce
- Found in North America -Found at Northeast Georgia, US in tall grasses, surrounded by tall trees on one side and facing an open road on the other side. There is a small stream nearby the site of collection.