My name is Andrew Hughes and I was born on January 17th 1990 in Greensboro, North Carolina. I have lived in Georgia off and on for the better part of my life. Excluding myself, my entire family is from Georgia and has been here for many generations. I attended Collins Hill High School and graduated in 2008. After bouncing around from college to college for two years I decided to join the military to see if I couldnt gain some self-discipline. I am a veteran of four years from the United States Army. I was a Cavalry Scout and traveled around the globe. My last duty station was Fort Benning, Georgia and I was aCombatives Instructor. My classes of 70-80 were mostly BOLC students. I also supported the Army Reconnaissance Course and their daily operations when no classes were scheduled.
I am currently attending Georgia Gwinnett College studying business administration. This Spring Semester is my first class back in college and I am taking 5 classes, nothing has been too difficult as of yet but I think this is a good expierence so far. I work as a forensic accountant for NAPA/GPC1/Motion Industries and I am the account representative for Pactiv and Reynolds. I handle all of the individual billings of these two companies and there subsidiaries. I currently live with my girlfriend Casey Harris just outside of downtown Lawerenceville near the Grayson area.
Interests and Hobbies
- Cars-I enjoy working on my car when I get a chance. I have a red 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
- Books I enjoy most genres of books, mostly Fantasy/Sci-Fi books because I enjoy imagining a different world other than the one I live in day to day.
- Building things: I like to work with my hands and I always enjoy the sense of accomplishment when you see what you have created.
- Cooking: I never did much cooking as a kid. However, now that I am older, I enjoy cooking different foods. I try my best to taste new things, it doesn't always work out.
- Football: I played football growing up and I have always enjoyed the game. As a Georgian for most of my life, I have always taken to the UGA.
- Soccer: I played a few seasons as a child but did not really get into it until I went to college after highschool. Since then my love for the sport has grown and I try and stay on top of major games as best as I can.
After college I would like to move back into the city. I will still be young enough to enjoy all the things that the city has to offer. The atmosphere in Atlanta seems so much more upbeat from that of the suburbs. I grew up in the Greater Atlanta area and it has always been nice but Gwinnett is the place where you live when you are married with children. It is a great place and I will definitely come back here to raise a family. But hopefully in the near future I am making enough money in the project management field to support myself as well as supporting the lifestyle I would like to enjoy.