- Hey I'm Michael Weida. I'm 19 and I'm a Freshman at Georgia Gwinnett College. I graduated from Brookwood High school and started at GGC in the Fall of 2018. I plan on staying for a while, or at least until I figure out what I want to major in. I would say that I'm a little weird. Anything weird, odd, or eccentric appeals to me because that's just who I am. I love to joke around and make people laugh. I consider myself a kind person and I often put others first before me. I'm also pretty quiet as most of you can tell.
- I was born in Germany while my Dad was stationed there in 1999 and we moved to California in 2002. Since then, I've moved around the country during my childhood and lived in Delaware, North Carolina, two areas of Florida, and Georgia since 2015. I live at home with my mom, my sister, and my brother at the moment. My brother Vance is 15 and my younger sister Abby is 12. I have an older sister named Taryn who is 20 and lives in Valdosta with her husband Chris and two rescue dogs named Calvin and Juno. They are both currently in the Air Force working as an IT Tech and a Media Specialist (not actual job titles).
- I currently work at the Ultra Car Wash over in Lilburn as an hourly. There, I load cars into the wash, clean up the parking lot, and an assortment of other things that need to be done there. I work there part-time, but with the hours I have and the expectations they have of me, it feels more like I'm working full-time.
- I'm a big cat person and I live with three cats; a black cat named Hera, a tuxedo cat named Athena, and a calico cat named Calliope.
- I'm still friends with some of the people I went to high school with and still keep in touch with them over Xbox and social media or we'll occasionally hang out if we have the time. I'm currently in a band with two of my friends, Manny (drummer) and Talon (singer/guitarist). (pictures)
More about me on My Neocities Page
I am currently listed as a CMAP (Cinema and Media) major, but I consider myself undeclared because I don't know what I want to do with my life currently. I'm just dipping my toes in whatever I can get into to see what I am interested in. I would like to do something music or art related, but I am open to trying new things and taking my time to figure it out. I hope to transfer to another college once I figure out what I want to do and complete prerequisite classes here.
Whatever my career turns out to be, I hope I am still able to draw/make art, even if it's on the side. Same thing goes with music. I hope to at least release a self produced album and a self produced animation of some sort sometime.
Most of my interests are either art or music related.
Click here to listen to a song from each band: Michael Weida's Favorite Ween, Nuclear Rabbit, and Mr. Bungle Song
I also play several instruments, including guitar and bass. I've been playing music for over 4 years and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
I started with guitar and then got an electric bass after getting into the band Primus in 2014. I played only electric bass until my junior year of high school, which is when I joined the school orchestra and started playing upright bass. During my senior year, I also joined the school Jazz Combo and played several concerts around the Gwinnett area. I've been in a band with my friends since my Junior year and occasionally get together to play metal, bluesy/psychadelic music, and anything in between.
I've also produced a couple of my own songs in High School using programs such as GarageBand and Logic. Most of my songs are different genres or a mix of genres put together and is usually odd and have unexpected twists in them. A couple of my songs were put on my Music Technology class's albums and have appeared in the school's literary magazines and mentioned in school's morning announcements.
I am an avid drawer and I'm highly interested in art. I usually just draw cartoons or goofy/gross faces, but I'll occasionally try to draw horror. My greatest inspirations are horror artists who use lots of detail, such as Junji Ito, and weird cartoons from my childhood, like The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Ren & Stimpy.
When it comes to movies, video games, and internet browsing, this also describes the kind of content I usually go for. I really like the movies Eraserhead and Hereditary, I play games like Resident Evil 7 and Dead Space, and I love watching animations like Salad Fingers on YouTube. I hope to make my own animation(s) in the future once I learn the process and to make my own comics.
List of Some Classmates: